Thursday, March 30, 2017

Mid-term PE Reflection

My PE goal for this semester

Short-term Goals:
  1. To improve my intonation and overall naturalness of my speech.
  2. To be more fluent and comfortable having daily casual conversations in Japanese.
  3. To be able to understand simple conversations in Japanese anime or TV shows.

Reflection:

  1. I have been paying more attention to my intonation and word pitch now. However, I still think sometimes I had my pitch/intonation wrong, i.e, my pitch for よかった was off several time as pointed out by 柴田先生. There is still quite some room for improvement.
  2. As I have tried to have some short casual conversations with my classmates, I am more fluent now than before. Despite this, I still need more practice.
  3. I think I am able to understand roughly the meaning of some words and simple sentences from the conversations in anime or TV shows. But still there is a long long long way to go.



Activities:
  1. Go to Japanese table once per two weeks.
  2. Watch one episode of Japanese anime or videos of Japanese TV show everyday.
  3. Listen to Japanese songs everyday.
  4. Try to have a casual conversation in Japanese with friend once every week.
  5. Go to office hour once per two weeks.

Reflection:

  1. So far in this semester, I have only been to Japanese table once. Definitely need to go more often!
  2. I have more or less accomplished  this. Just finished watching  機動戦士ガンダムΖΖ.
  3. I have listened to b'z, AKB48, 乃木坂46 and 宇多田ヒカル quite a bit recently.
  4. I have more or less done this.
  5. Failed to go to office hour at this frequency and I think I should definitely go to office hours more often or at least as stated in my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment